Sunday 8 February 2015

Quilting the family tree - part 1


One of my other New Years resolutions was to finish my craft list... A list I made of all the projects I wish to do... I capped it on 31st December 2014 and it totals 49 projects... I am not allowed to add anymore to it until I have finished everything else... So many of these things will end up here I hope!

Project 1 - Bird Family Tree Panel ... A work in progress...

One of my local sewing shops in a place called The Viking Loom in York which has friendly and knowledgeable staff and the most amazing range of quilting materials and fat quarters... I could spend most of my monthly wage in there...

They also have a few kits that they have put together for those people who just need a bit of inspiration...

And this is where my latest project comes in...

As with previous posts I am a bit daughter-centric at the moment so when I saw the family tree panel in the Viking Loom I simply had to do it.

The main panel is printed with easy to follow instructions and it was accompanied by a backing fabric and something to frame the main picture which was helpful.

I did buy another panel of the birds as we have a lot of extended family - you'll see what a feat it was in the end!

The first, and probably the most timely job was the embroidery  of the names. I did try and write on the fabric but it bled too much so I went for the more time consuming option...

This option is still going... This is another work-in- progress... I hope to complete it in a couple of days... Unless I get distracted!
For those of you that don't live in York look at the Viking Loom website which is one of my favourite links to the right...



1 comment:

  1. I don't think I could face trying to stitch my family tree - it's far too complicated!

    ReplyDelete